If you’re in the market for a new television, you might as well get a great one, right? You’ve likely done your homework and researched all the magnificent technologies and features that modern and even futuristic televisions have. It’s not uncommon to want a big screen if you’re looking for something to be a feature piece of an entertainment room. Whether you want to watch sports, play video games, or stream movies and shows, a bigger screen makes the experience more immersive and helps your eyes from a distance.
A reliable brand never hurts either, and you probably want to be ready for smart technology features to take advantage of as they roll out. All of this adds up to you deciding on a 65 inch Vizio smart TV as your next screen.
Shopping For A 65 Inch Vizio Smart TV
It’s a smart choice and a well-rounded and robust model. Yet, it’s not always cheap either. Before you just swallow your pride and slide your credit card, keep reading to learn 8 ways to make your next 65 inch Vizio smart TV more affordable:
1) Black Friday: The day after Thanksgiving, as well as many other sales leading up to Christmas, often yield unbelievable prices on electronics.
2) Wait until January or February: Electronics of all kinds are typically cheapest this time of year, as there are television specials leading up to the Super Bowl and inventory clear outs in the weeks after.
3) Go online: Cyber Monday doesn’t pack the punch it once did, but it’s still one of many seasonal sales days with discount prices. Of course the Internet has lower prices on electronics than retail stores do most any time of year. Just remember that those savings are sometimes offset by shipping and handling charges.
4) Shop around local stores: Note down the specific prices each store has on your new Vizio, and then see if you can trigger price-matching policies.
5) Check the Sunday paper: Sales on electronics aren’t exclusive to the holiday season. You’re most likely to find out about them in the Sunday edition of your biggest local paper.
6) Use layaway: Stores that offer this let you make small yet incremental payments over time. They save the item in question in the back so no one else buys it, and once you have paid the full price tag, you get to take it home. This can be very helpful to your cash flow, and there’s often no interest rate.
7) Be open to refurbished models and open-box deals: You can find such specials through both some retail stores and also many websites. They might be models that were floor display units, something with a manufacturing defect, a model that got a busted-up box during shipping, or even something that was just returned and can’t legally be marked as ‘new’ anymore. As long as the model is still fully functional and has a warranty, and any possible visual defects are on the back and wouldn’t be seen, you can possibly save hundreds of dollars.
8) Buy used: If you trust the Vizio brand and are open to something that has been gently or barely used, then the secondary market can represent some of the best deals you’ll ever find. Checking local pawn shops is a great start, and also keep your eye on community Craigslist listings, as well as any other websites your area might have specifically for exchanging or selling used consumer goods.
Best 4K TV Online Verdict recommends the ” rel=”noopener” target=”_blank”>VIZIO D65u-D2 65 Inches Class UHD Full-Array LED Smart TV (2016 Model)(Amazon Affiliate Link). This is just about the most polarizing product I have ever seen. People either love it or hate it. The price is fairly reasonable. Check it out on Amazon.com.
Now that you know 8 ways to make your 65 inch Vizio smart TV more affordable, you can create a plan of action that gets this magnificent piece of entertainment technology on your living room stand or up on the wall.